The 2022 Dodge Charger lineup in a word: supercharged. Dodge unveiled a 7th trim for their 7-generation Charger: the Jailbreak. Expect it. Also new to their roster this 2022, Dodge Charger managed to improve upon perfection. Perhaps you’ve heard of flying monkeys? What about wide-flying hellcats? The all-new Dodge Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody is already off in flight. The 7 available trims for the 2022 Charger: SXT, GT, R/T, Scat Pack, Scat Pack Widebody, SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody and the all-new Jailbreak.
SXT RWD Trim
The SXT RWD comes with the standard 3.6L Pentastar V6 engine, capable of 292 HP and 260 lb-ft of torque, as well as rear-wheel drive, rear parking sensors and back-up camera, a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment navigation system, an integrated Media Hub and keyless entry. You can also upgrade at this trim level with blind spot monitoring and a stealthy V8 engine.
- Great highway mileage: fuel efficiency improvements now mean up to 30 highway MPG
- Superior capacity: the SXT seats 5 comfortably and has a towing capacity of 1,000 pounds
GT RWD Trim
The GT RWD has a V6 Pentastar engine with an upgraded 300 HP. This powerful beast comes standard with advanced performance suspension, 20-inch Satin Carbon Aluminum wheels, a hood scoop, rear lip spoiler, fascias, side sills, 6 speakers and an 8.4 inch touchscreen infotainment system. Available in rear-wheel drive and all wheel drive.
- Performance breaks: comes with 4-wheel ABS breaks and traction control
- Integrated security: the GT comes standard with rear parking sensors and a panic alarm
The Charger RT is a powerhouse. Boasting a 5.7L Hemi V8 engine, this car gets up 370 HP! In addition to the 8.4 touchscreen, 20-inch wheels, and superior performance suspension and handling, the RT also comes standard with voice-activated audio controls and a Media Hub.
- Engine adrenaline: the HEMI V8 engine on the RT is a beast, not for the faint of heart
- Advanced exhaust system: now features Electronically Controlled Active Exhaust
Scat Pack Trim
Are you sitting down? The Scat Pack comes with a 392 HEMI V8 engine, giving you 475 lb-ft of torque, capable of 485 HP. Buckle up. Standard features now include Brembo performance breaks, rack-pinion steering, Launch Assist, 6 speakers, heated front seats and heated steering wheel.
- Upgraded touchscreen: its 8.4 inch Uconnect touchscreen now has SRT Performance
- Brembo brakes: high-performance, 4-piston Brembo brakes let you stop on command
Scat Pack Widebody Trim
The Scat Pack Widebody is America’s only 4-door muscle car. It has the same V8 engine as the Scatpack above, only in a widebody. This hot body also comes packed with fender flares on front and rear, side sills, mail-slot hood scoop and a rear lip spoiler. This intelligent beast also features rear parking sensors, Brembo performance breaks and Bilstein suspension.
- Brembo breaks: 6-piston Brembo front breaks and 4-piston Brembo rear breaks
- Enhanced suspension: a Bilstein Adaptive Suspension with customizable settings
SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody Trim
SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody is both beauty and the beast. Its supercharged Hemi V8 engine and advanced design makes it the single-fastest sedan on the road. It smoked both the Ford Mustang and the Mercedes GT on MPH, with the highest top speed of any 4-door vehicle. This super-beast’s supercharged HEMI V8 engine gives 797 HP and 707 lb-ft of torque. Please prepare to fly.
- Supercharged, superfast: lets you go 0-60 in 3.6 seconds, and 1/4 mile in 10.6 seconds
- Super-chill: cooling system powered by an SRT Power Chiller and Race Cooldown
SRT Jailbreak Trim
This 2022 brought the first edition Jailbreak, offering the largest Supercharger of any car in mass production. Built for those who don’t wish to be followed, it has 807 HP and 707 lb-ft of torque, letting you go 0 to 60 in 3.6 seconds. What makes the Jailbreak so appealing is its customizable configuration. This trim offers you choices for personalized colors and hardware, inside and out.
- Supercharged V8 engine: a 6.2L HEMI High-Output SRT V8 engine leads any charge
- Leather upholstery: absolute luxury in seats, steering and door trim is standard here